There’s a whole lotta’ shakin’ going on in the world right now.
Who’s feeling it? Ignoring it? Resisting it? Dancing with it?
At one point in my life, I felt like I literally was experiencing earthquakes. I finally realized it was an internal earthquake and my body was feeling the change because I was crossing a bridge into a new world.
Nowadays, there is even more shaking going on and the physical experience of that kind of change can be scary.
Unless you know what’s happening.
It’s the Best Thing Ever
Here is what is really happening.
You are undergoing a spiritual transformation and your whole world is going to change.
That’s scary and it can lead to traps! (I speak from much experience!)
Some of them are:
- Getting caught in the loop of drama and blame and being a victim.
- Avoiding change at all costs. Go shopping! Eat chocolate! Have a party! Keep busy!
- Getting angry, staying angry, and burning yourself up in the anger.
- Becoming a hermit and hiding away from the world in a cabin in the woods.
- Acting like Scarlett O’Hara. Think about it tomorrow.
But any time I allow myself to experience the drama and inner shaking of change, to my amazement I re-discover two things:
- Avoiding it is harder than experiencing it.
- I ultimately feel deeply grateful for it.
How we look at change and handle the signs is key to how we come out the other side.
Change can have dramatic physical or emotional signs, and they’re scary, but it turns out these signs are common to a lot of people.
Especially right now.
The Signs To Watch For
You’ll know that you’re in your own personal earthquake if you experience some or all of these:
- Physical symptoms with no seeming cause.
- Outgrowing friendships and relationships, which can hurt a lot.
- New intuitive insights and revelations rising up in your awareness.
- A sense that you may move to a new location
- Activation, transferring or releasing of addictive behaviours.
- Disorientation and restlessness where nothing seems to satisfy.
- Waking up in the morning with a sense of impending doom and yet nothing is wrong
- Time acceleration and deceleration, sometimes (oddly!) at the same time.
- Mystical depression and a feeling of distance from the environment.
- Emotions rising up in unexpected ways and unexpected places.
- Dreams and memories of people that you haven’t thought about in years.
- Feelings of isolation, as in ‘I don’t feel like I belong here on this planet’.
How many of those signs are you experiencing?
You’re not alone. The list represents what many people are feeling.
While in the throes, we can feel like we’re going crazy, but it’s really just the opposite.
Never Miss the Weekly Post
It means sanity is returning. True essence is emerging. We are accepting and integrating all the lost and denied pieces of ourselves.
What to Do About the Shaking
The shaking can be more on the surface, or it can be a deep seismic shift happening on a metaphysical level. (Meta means observing a thing from a higher perspective instead of from within a thing,)
Either way there’s a choice.
We can try to use our usual coping strategies (work, shopping, busy-ness, addictions, etc).
Or, simply, we can be with it.
In the long run, that’s easier!
How To Be With It
- Take time for quiet. Trying to ignore the experience is only a temporary solution.
- Get out in nature and fresh air. If the weather permits, take your shoes off and get your feet connected to the earth. Take deep breaths.
- Respect the need to rest, and watch for any shifts in your energy and vitality. A gradual feeling of lightening up is often the result of paying attention.
- Find a place where you know you can be comfortable with being loud. Put your arms over your head, shake them and yell. Jump. Bounce. Dance. Move the energy through your body even if it’s the last thing you feel like doing.
- After you’ve had time explore the possible deeper meanings and gifts in the experience. You may not be able to change the situation, but you can shift your perception of the situation. When you’re ready, go for appreciation of the event.
- Understand that the core of your being is not diminished by anything that happens in the external world. You are you, no matter what is happening to you.
- As it’s ending, ask for guidance about where to go now that you’ve had a shift. What’s your life assignment now? Is it different? Or a more expanding version of your path?
If you’re a member of the human race living on Planet Earth, you’re one of many undergoing deep changes. They can be very frightening.
But as more and more of humanity deals with the changes, we will start to see a world that honours the values of peace and compassion, and we’ll know that we’ve done our part to create it by allowing the earthquake within.